African Tales – A Barefoot Collection
Get swept away by 8 traditional tales from 8 different African nations retold by master storyteller Gcina Mhlophe, a well-known South African activist, actor, poet, playwright and director. Mhlophe provides a fascinating, fact-filled introduction to each story about the country it comes from to boost young readers’ reading comprehension, global awareness and geography knowledge.
The stories include:
- Nolwandle, Girl of the Waves (Namibia)
- Makhosi and the Magic Horns (Malawi)
- Masilo and Masilonyana (Lesotho)
- The Great Hunter (Swaziland)
- Sea Wind (Senegal)
- Ananse and the Impossible Quest (Ghana)
- The Story of the Wise Mother (Sudan)
- Everything Changes, Everything Passes (Ethiopia)
With the author’s keen insight and Rachel Griffin’s delicate embroidered illustrations, this anthology is truly one-of-a-kind.
Only 1 left in stock